Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Purple Poinsettia

So I really adore this new Poinsettia digi image. It is so beautiful.


I initially intended for it to be white, but it came across as more purple. But I love the wintry look of the cool blues.  The leaves were done with flicks in and out from both the center and the edges of the leaves. YG61, 63, 67 makes up the majority of the leaves, but G99 is also used for the deeper shadows.   B60, 63, 66, 69 are poinsettias themselves.  I used a gold pen to add the centers, and then to dot around the image to make it a bit more festive.

It needed a simple sentiment, and I used the Happy Holidays sentiment from the digital image of its namesake "Happy Holidays". :-)

My art journaling experiment... UH.... Not sure. I got a little nutso with the copic and the airbrush system. It might be a good background page for something about my nutso brain... or ADD or regurgitation of color. Hmmmmmm

See you all again soon,

Alaine

1 comment:

  1. Really gorgeous, Alaine! I love your coloring! :^)
    Have a great weekend!
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete