Saturday, August 16, 2014

Lets have a party!

Hello and happy weekend. Today I am sharing with you my latest creation using one of the new rubber stamps that have been released by SCACD. This stamp is Party Lights Border.

I made what I would consider a small party invitation. This was a fun image to color, but it was difficult for me to figure out how to get it to look the way I wanted it to. But once I did, I LOVE the way it turned out.

First I stamped the image twice. Once for the background and once to fussy cut. I used my copic airbrush to color the background image with dark blue and light yellow for the glow. On the second image I colored all the light bulbs. I then did the hardest part of cutting out all of the light bulbs. I ran them through my little Xyron X thingie, and then stuck them on top of the background image.

Once that was done, I added clear sparkles to the bulbs themselves and then gold dots on the rest of the chains hanging.  I cut the image out and glued it down on gold sparkly paper. Then I gut out the wings out of the same sparkly paper using the Steampunk Wings Pair Die. I also ran this through my xyron to get the wings sticky, and then attached to the sides of the stamped image. For this I ran the top part behind the image and the bottom of the wing in front of the image. I then stuck the entire thing down on dark blue paper.

It looked good, then I messed it up and tried to write with my stickles. EPIC FAIL. So I decided to cut out the entire thing and then place it on a small folded card piece to make it a smaller card. The inside can now read anything I want, and it really frames the image. I love it more than the original idea!


2 comments:

  1. Very, very pretty! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this piece - the colors - the way you fussy cut, the frame with the angel wings is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete