Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Dream a Little Dream

Sometimes my dreams are a little whacked out. Ok.... most the time my dreams are a lot whacked out. I can admit that is why I really love this image. It is a crazy dream state that just screams wheeeeeeee.

This is Free Your Dreams. And indicative of so many of my dreams - completely weird but speaks volumes.

My favorite part of coloring this image was coloring the fish tail, fins and wings. For the fins I started with BG10, 11, 13, 15, 18. Worked that from one side. From the other I used BV11, 13, 17. I feathered them together.  I love how it all blends together and makes it soft and mystical. Then the pop of color, with the poppies... and the blue dress. Just seems ethereal to me. Add a little sparkle with a gelly stardust pen and BOOM goes the fish.

OK... I hope you all have a great week and weekend and get all inky and freaky!

Alaine

No comments:

Post a Comment